Andhra Bank vs RBL Bank
Andhra Bank offers three children’s savings accounts called AB Kiddy Bank, AB Little Stars and AB Teens while RBL Bank does not offer a dedicated children’s savings bank account but instead may offer its generic savings account under guardianship of a parent or guardian.
Children’s Savings Accounts from Andhra Bank
AB Kiddy Bank
This is the standard savings account for children and is available for all minors below the age of 18 years.
- AB Kiddy Bank account can be opened by any minor up to the age of 18 years
- Kids above the age of 10 years (and below 18) can open and operate the account without the need for an adult guardian if they can produce proof of their date of birth
- Children receive a piggy bank doll on opening the account. This doll can be unlocked only at the branch where the account is held ensuring the money remains safe in the doll
- This AB Kiddy Bank account can be opened with a minimum deposit of Rs. 100
AB Little Stars
This account is meant for children in the 10-15 years age group.
- The account can only be operated by the parent or guardian
- The minimum balance requirement is Rs. 250 for rural and semi-urban branches and Rs. 500 for urban and metropolitan branches
- Andhra Bank issues a passbook with a photo and a special withdrawal booklet with the AB Little Stars account. The parent or guardian can withdraw money for the child on production of the savings banks passbook or any other ID proof
- No NEFT or RTGS withdrawals can be made from the account
This account is for teenagers in the 15-18 years age category. Most features are similar to the Little Stars account.
- The AB Teensaccount can only be operated by the child provided he or she can sign for the account
- The minimum balance requirement is same as Little Stars, i.e. Rs. 250 for rural and semi-urban branches and Rs. 500 for urban and metropolitan ones
- Account holders get the passbook (with photo) and the special withdrawal booklet as with the Little Stars account
- Again, no NEFT or RTGS withdrawals can be made from the account
- The account holder gets a Rupay ATM card with her photo and internet and mobile banking facilities
Children’s Savings Accounts from RBL Bank Limited
RBL Bank does not offer a dedicated children’s savings bank account. We look at it standard savings account that like other banks that do not offer a specific children’s account is likely to be offered to minors through a parent or guardian.
Prime Savings Account
The prime savings account is the standard savings account of the bank and can be opened on behalf of a minor by the parent or guardian.
- The prime savings account is the standard savings account of the bank and comes with a minimum balance requirement of Rs. 5,000. Whether the same balance is required for minor account is not available on the site
- The minor account is closed on the child attaining majority and she has to submit KYC documents along with an account opening form to open a new account
- The account offers unlimited free transactions at RBL Bank ATMs and up to five complimentary transactions at other bank ATMs
- The account offers some of the best fixed deposit rates for banks in India
- RBL Bank offers wealth management options for its Prime Savings Account customers and it is likely to offer wealth growth options for its minor customers also
Note: The RBL Bank site has been designed for the mobile users and information is kept limited to perhaps enhance mobile user experience. It is suggested that you call the bank at the number below or visit the nearest branch if you are looking for more information on children’s or other accounts.
- Andhra Bank Website: www.andhrabank.in and www.onlineandhrabank.net.in (net banking works only from the main site’s internet login link)
- Headquarters: Hyderabad, Telangana
- Call Centre Toll Free Number: 1800 425 1515
- RBL Bank Website: www.rblbank.com
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Call Centre Number: 1800 123 8040