Citibank vs AU Small Finance Bank: Children’s Savings Accounts
Citibank offers a single dedicated children’s savings account called Citibank Junior Account. Likewise, AU Small Finance Bank offers a specific kid’s savings account called BACHPAN, in addition to specific and general savings accounts.
Children’s Savings Accounts from Citibank
Citibank offers the Citibank Junior Account as a children’s savings account.
Citibank Junior Account
The account is available for all children below the age of 18 years.
- Need at least two accountholders of whom the first is the minor and the second the parent or guardian
- Comes with Systematic Investment Plans that helps the parent plan the child’s future
- Children above the age of 15 years also get a debit card
- The Citibank Junior Account comes with two insurance plan options – BSLI Classic Child Plan and Dream Child Plan – that allow the parent to plan for the child’s education. The bank offers 10 different investment funds under the Classic Child Plan
- Accountholders can open their children’s Investment Services Accounts with the bank. They get online access to the investments and also get comprehensive reports on financial markets
Children’s Savings Accounts from AU Small Finance Bank
AU Small Finance Bank offers savings accounts that focus on specific segments of customers. For children it offers a specific kid’s savings account called BACHPAN, in addition to specific and general savings accounts.
BACHPAN Savings Account
The savings account from AU Small Finance Bank comes under its Value service offerings and is specially meant for young children.
- The account needs a minimum average balance of Rs. 500 but there are no charges if the balance dips below this minimum amount
- Interest rates offered are supposed to be better than standard savings accounts
- The bank offers a VISA Gold Bachpan Debit Card with customisable benefits for kids aged 10 years and above. The card also has various insurance benefits such as education insurance and so on
- The BACHPAN Savings Account comes with its own special features such as Sweep-in, Locker, and Cash Deposit facilities
- Accountholders or their guardians can access the account through mobile banking, phone banking and internet banking
- Customers also benefit from the bank’s extended working hours
- The bank offers free transactions at its ATMs while the limit is kept at 10 transactions per month for other bank ATMs. The bank has ATMs in 10 states according to the company’s website as of February 2019
- Citibank Website: www.online.citibank.co.in
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Call Centre Number: 1860 210 2484, +91 22 4955 2484 (from outside India)
- AU Small Finance Bank Website: www.aubank.in
- Headquarters: Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Call Centre Number: 1800 1200 1200