DCB Bank vs North East Small Finance Bank
DCB Bank does not offer a dedicated children’s account but instead offers its Classic savings account for children through parents or guardians. North East Small Finance does not offer a dedicated savings bank account for minors. However, its standard and premium savings accounts may be available to minors, possibly jointly and to be operated by the parent or guardian.
Children’s Savings Accounts from DCB Bank
DCB Bank, known previously as Development Credit Bank, does not offer a dedicated children’s account though its Classic account may be available for children through their parents or guardian.
Classic Savings Bank Account
This is the standard savings bank account from the bank.
- Accountholders need to maintain a minimum balance of Rs. 5,000 for Tier I branches and Rs. 2,500 for Tier 2 branches. This amount may be less for accounts opened on behalf of minors. Details of the same are not provided clearly on the bank website and as with such instances it may be a good idea to call and ask customer care at the numbers below
- The Classic Savings Bank Account offers payable at par cheque book
- Accountholders also get unlimited free access to all the bank’s ATMs and Visa ATMs in India, provided the account has an average monthly balance of Rs.10,000
- One of the key features seems to be free unlimited use of online transfers through RTGS and NEFT
- Account holders also get complimentary internet, phone and mobile banking facilities, through the access is likely to be limited for the child directly unless they have reached a certain age, as happens with most banks
Children’s Savings Accounts from North East Small Finance Bank
North East Small Finance Bank does not offer a dedicated savings bank account for minors though its standard and premium savings accounts may be available to minors, possibly jointly and to be operated by the parent or guardian.
Regular Savings Account
This is the standard savings account of the bank.
- The account has a minimum balance requirement of Rs. 500 in rural areas, Rs. 1,000 in semi-urban and Rs. 2,000 in urban areas
- Accountholders get access to personalised debit cards
- The bank offers doorstep banking facilities
- The Regular Savings Account comes with free passbooks
- Accountholders can manage and access their account details through the SMS facility or through online banking
Premium Savings Account
This savings account is one step up from the regular savings account.
- The account has a minimum average quarterly balance requirement of Rs. 25,000
- Accountholders can get five demand drafts made in a month without any charge
- The bank also offers two free NEFT, RTGS or IMPS transactions per month
- Like the standard account, the Premium Savings Account also offers free passbooks, an SMS facility and online banking options
- DCB Bank Website: www.dcbbank.com
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Call Centre Number: 1800 209 5363, 1800 123 5363
- North East Small Finance Bank Website: www.nesfb.com
- Headquarters: Guwahati, Assam
- Call Centre Number: 1800 121 1905