Indian Bank vs Punjab and Sind Bank: Children’s Savings Accounts
Indian Bank provides the IB Smart Kid SB Account for children and probably its standard savings account jointly with a parent or guardian. Punjab and Sind Bank does not offer a dedicated children’s savings account.
Children’s Savings Accounts from Indian Bank
The bank offers the IB Smart Kid SB Account for children and in all likelihood, its savings account also under the parent’s or guardian’s name as done by most banks though information on that is not clearly available in the website.
IB Smart Kid SB Account
The bank offers the IB Smart Kid SB Account for children who are only 1 day old to those below 18 years of age.
- The bank mandates a minimum average monthly balance of Rs. 100 for accounts without chequebooks and Rs. 250 for those that have chequebooks
- Kids above 10 years are eligible to have their own debit card provided the parent or guardian agrees to the issue of the card
- The child also gets access to the online account if the parent or guardian provides her consent
- Interest is credited quarterly in the months of January, April, July and October
Children’s Savings Accounts from Punjab and Sind Bank
The bank does not offer any children centric savings account, though its website does say that student beneficiaries of Government schemes can open a Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account.
Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account
This account as the name suggests is a basic savings account with some minimum levels of savings account services.
- There is no minimum balance requirement
- Students who are beneficiaries of Government schemes can open the account with an initial deposit of Rs.10 only
- Account holders can make up to four withdrawals in a month though there is no limit on the number of deposits
Savings Bank Account
Though it is not mentioned specifically, it is likely that the bank offers its savings account for minors also jointly with a parent or guardian.
- Has a minimum balance requirement of Rs. 500 for rural branches and urban ones that do not need a chequebook. Urban account holders who need chequebooks need to keep a minimum balance of Rs. 1,000
- Accountholders cannot make more than 50 withdrawals every half year
- Indian Bank Website: www.indianbank.in and www.indianbank.net.in (net banking)
- Headquarters: Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Call Centre Number (24 Hours): 1800 425 00 000, 1800 425 4422
- Punjab & Sind Bank Website: www.psbindia.com
- Headquarters: New Delhi, Delhi
- Call Centre Number: 1800 419 8300