IndusInd Bank vs Fincare Small Finance Bank: Children’s Savings Accounts
IndusInd Bank offers a dedicated children’s account called the Indus Young Saver account. Fincare Small Finance Bank does not offer a dedicated children’s account though it is likely to offer its Smart Saver or Priority Accounts to minors as a joint account with a parent or guardian.
Children’s Savings Accounts from IndusInd Bank
IndusInd Bank, originally a bank focussed on the non-resident Indian community, has now become one of the leading private sector banks in India. It offers a dedicated children’s account called the Indus Young Saver account.
Indus Young Saver Account
The account helps parents get an optimal mix of savings and investment options for their children.
- Can be opened under the parent’s name as a guardian account or under the child’s name if she has crossed the 12 years age limit
- The account needs an average monthly balance of Rs. 5,000, which can be waived off if it is linked to a privilege account of the parent or there is a recurring deposit of at least Rs. 2,500 every month
- Children with an Indus Young Saver Account get a personalised debit card if they are over 12 years of age
- Even the chequebook can have the child’s name
Children’s Savings Accounts from Fincare Small Finance Bank
Fincare Small Finance Bank does not offer a dedicated children’s account but it is likely that it allows guardians to open a minor account under its Smart Saver or Priority Accounts.
Smart Saver Account
This is the standard savings account of the bank.
- Needs an average monthly balance of Rs. 1,000
- Fincare Bank offers a RuPay Silver debit card to account holders
- The card entitles the shareholder to a personal insurance cover of Rs. 1 lakh
- Smart Saver accountholders also get access to 5 free transactions at non-metro ATMs and 3 complimentary transactions in metros
The priority account is a step above the Smart Saver Account.
- The account needs an average monthly balance of Rs. 10,000 or at least Rs. 1 lakh in fixed deposit
- There are no mentions in the website of whether the Priority account can be opened by a minor or on behalf of a minor but considering the standard procedure in other banks, it is likely that any minor account that has a minimum balance of Rs. 10,000 as balance would qualify as a Priority Savings Account
- IndusInd Bank Website: www.indusind.com
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Call Centre Number: 1860 500 5004, 1860 267 7777 (Credit Cards)
- Fincare Small Finance Bank Website: www.fincarebank.com
- Headquarters: Bangalore, Karnataka
- Call Centre Number: 1800 3010 0111