Punjab National Bank vs North East Small Finance Bank
Punjab National Bank offers dedicated accounts for kids such as PNB Junior SF Account and the PNB Vidyarthi SF Account. North East Small Finance does not offer a dedicated savings bank account for minors. However, its standard and premium savings accounts may be available to minors, possibly jointly and to be operated by the parent or guardian.
Children’s Savings Accounts from Punjab National Bank
PNB is the second largest bank in India after SBI and offers specific accounts for children such as the PNB Junior SF Account and the PNB Vidyarthi SF Account.
PNB Junior SF Account
The account can be opened by a child through her parent or guardian or she can open and operate it herself if she has crossed 10 years of age.
- As mentioned, any child of any age can open the PNB Junior SF Account through her parent or guardian. Children over 10 years of age can open and operate the account under their own name
- There is no minimum deposit needed to open the account. Plus, there is no need for any minimum balance either
- The child can get a free cheque book of 20 leaves per six months, i.e. two chequebooks of 40 leaves per year
- Demand drafts made out to pay school or college fees are free of cost
- The bank, however, has put a limit of Rs. 5,000 on debit card use per day, be that through ATM withdrawals, POS transactions at shops (card swipe in case you are wondering) or online payments
- Kids or their parents can have a view of the account balance and transactions through both online and mobiles but transactions are not allowed
PNB Vidyarthi SF Account
The account as the name suggests is for children studying in recognised educational institutions.
- The account is available for children up to 21 years of age. Once they reach adulthood, the account becomes a standard savings account with all its perks and limitations
- Like the PNB Junior SF Account, there are no minimum balance requirements for initial deposit and average quarterly balance in the PNB Vidyarthi SF Account
- All demand drafts made out for any type of fees are free of cost
- Like the children’s account, the child is eligible to receive two chequebooks of 20 leaves each per year
- Most fees and charges in the account have been waived off by the bank through there is an annual maintenance charge for the debit card
Children’s Savings Accounts from North East Small Finance Bank Limited
North East Small Finance Bank does not offer a dedicated savings bank account for minors though its standard and premium savings accounts may be available to minors, possibly jointly and to be operated by the parent or guardian.
Regular Savings Account
This is the standard savings account of the bank.
- The account has a minimum balance requirement of Rs. 500 in rural areas, Rs. 1,000 in semi-urban and Rs. 2,000 in urban areas
- Accountholders get access to personalised debit cards
- The bank offers doorstep banking facilities
- The Regular Savings Account comes with free passbooks
- Accountholders can manage and access their account details through the SMS facility or through online banking
Premium Savings Account
This savings account is one step up from the regular savings account.
- The account has a minimum average quarterly balance requirement of Rs. 25,000
- Accountholders can get five demand drafts made in a month without any charge
- The bank also offers two free NEFT, RTGS or IMPS transactions per month
- Like the standard account, the Premium Savings Account also offers free passbooks, an SMS facility and online banking options
- Punjab National Bank Website: www.pnbindia.in and www.netpnb.com (net banking)
- Headquarters: New Delhi, Delhi
- Call Centre Number: 1800 180 2222, 1800 103 2222
- North East Small Finance Bank Website: www.nesfb.com
- Headquarters: Guwahati, Assam
- Call Centre Number: 1800 121 1905