Punjab & Sind Bank vs IDFC First Bank
Punjab & Sind Bank does not offer a dedicated children’s savings account while IDFC First Bank offers a dedicated savings bank product for children called the Minor’s Savings Account.
Children’s Savings Accounts from Punjab & Sind Bank
The bank does not offer any children centric savings account, though its website does say that student beneficiaries of Government schemes can open a Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account.
Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account
This account as the name suggests is a basic savings account with some minimum levels of savings account services.
- There is no minimum balance requirement
- Students who are beneficiaries of Government schemes can open the account with an initial deposit of Rs.10 only
- Account holders can make up to four withdrawals in a month though there is no limit on the number of deposits
Savings Bank Account
Though it is not mentioned specifically, it is likely that the bank offers its savings account for minors also jointly with a parent or guardian.
- Has a minimum balance requirement of Rs. 500 for rural branches and urban ones that do not need a chequebook. Urban account holders who need chequebooks need to keep a minimum balance of Rs. 1,000
- Accountholders cannot make more than 50 withdrawals every half year
Children’s Savings Accounts from IDFC First Bank Limited
IDFC First Bank offers a dedicated savings bank product for children called the Minor’s Savings Account.
Minor’s Savings Account
The account is available to all children below 18 years of age provided the parent or guardian has an account with the bank.
- Children accountholders above 10 years of age can open and operate the account in their own name
- The bank requires a minimum deposit of Rs. 25,000 at the time of opening the account
- There is no obligation to keep a minimum balance but there is a mandatory stipulation under which a sum of Rs. 2,000 per month must be transferred for a period of 2 years from the parent’s account to the child’s account
- A debit card is only provided if it is opted for. Plus, the Minor’s Savings Account comes with specific limits of Rs. 10,000 each at domestic ATMs and POS sales
- The account comes with a sweep facility under which when the account balance crosses Rs. 15,000, the balance over and above Rs. 10,000 is transferred into a fixed deposit with a tenure of one year and one day
- Punjab & Sind Bank Website: www.psbindia.com
- Headquarters: New Delhi, Delhi
- Call Centre Number: 1800 419 8300
- IDFC First Bank Website: www.idfcfirstbank.com
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Call Centre Number: 1800 419 4332