UCO Bank vs IDFC First Bank
UCO Bank offers its UCO Smart Kids Savings Bank Scheme for children above 10 years of age while IDFC First Bank offers a dedicated savings bank product for children called the Minor’s Savings Account.
Children’s Savings Accounts from UCO Bank
The bank offers the UCO Smart Kids Savings Bank Scheme for children above the age of 10 years.
UCO Smart Kids Savings Bank Scheme
The account allows kids to open and run a savings account without any need for joint ownership with parents or guardians.
- Any literate child above the age of 10 years can open and operate the account
- There is no minimum balance requirement
- The kids get two chequebooks a year
- The ATM card is personalised with a photograph. Kids also get a good looking passbook
- Children can withdraw up to Rs. 3,000 per day subject to a limit of Rs. 15,000 per month through ATMs or net banking
- A key benefit of this UCO Smart Kids Savings Bank Scheme is the ability for children to undertake transactions through net banking after a certain period of time
- The bank also offers concessions for education loans
Children’s Savings Accounts from IDFC First Bank Limited
IDFC First Bank offers a dedicated savings bank product for children called the Minor’s Savings Account.
Minor’s Savings Account
The account is available to all children below 18 years of age provided the parent or guardian has an account with the bank.
- Children accountholders above 10 years of age can open and operate the account in their own name
- The bank requires a minimum deposit of Rs. 25,000 at the time of opening the account
- There is no obligation to keep a minimum balance but there is a mandatory stipulation under which a sum of Rs. 2,000 per month must be transferred for a period of 2 years from the parent’s account to the child’s account
- A debit card is only provided if it is opted for. Plus, the Minor’s Savings Account comes with specific limits of Rs. 10,000 each at domestic ATMs and POS sales
- The account comes with a sweep facility under which when the account balance crosses Rs. 15,000, the balance over and above Rs. 10,000 is transferred into a fixed deposit with a tenure of one year and one day
- UCO Bank Website: www.ucobank.com and www.ucoebanking.com (net banking)
- Headquarters: Kolkata, West Bengal
- Call Centre Number: 1800 274 0123
- IDFC First Bank Website: www.idfcfirstbank.com
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Call Centre Number: 1800 419 4332