Andhra Bank vs Karnataka Bank
Andhra Bank offers three children’s savings accounts called AB Kiddy Bank, AB Little Stars and AB Teens while Karnataka Bank offers a dedicated children’s account called KBL Kishore.
Children’s Savings Accounts from Andhra Bank
AB Kiddy Bank
This is the standard savings account for children and is available for all minors below the age of 18 years.
- AB Kiddy Bank account can be opened by any minor up to the age of 18 years
- Kids above the age of 10 years (and below 18) can open and operate the account without the need for an adult guardian if they can produce proof of their date of birth
- Children receive a piggy bank doll on opening the account. This doll can be unlocked only at the branch where the account is held ensuring the money remains safe in the doll
- This AB Kiddy Bank account can be opened with a minimum deposit of Rs. 100
AB Little Stars
This account is meant for children in the 10-15 years age group.
- The account can only be operated by the parent or guardian
- The minimum balance requirement is Rs. 250 for rural and semi-urban branches and Rs. 500 for urban and metropolitan branches
- Andhra Bank issues a passbook with a photo and a special withdrawal booklet with the AB Little Stars account. The parent or guardian can withdraw money for the child on production of the savings banks passbook or any other ID proof
- No NEFT or RTGS withdrawals can be made from the account
This account is for teenagers in the 15-18 years age category. Most features are similar to the Little Stars account.
- The AB Teensaccount can only be operated by the child provided he or she can sign for the account
- The minimum balance requirement is same as Little Stars, i.e. Rs. 250 for rural and semi-urban branches and Rs. 500 for urban and metropolitan ones
- Account holders get the passbook (with photo) and the special withdrawal booklet as with the Little Stars account
- Again, no NEFT or RTGS withdrawals can be made from the account
- The account holder gets a Rupay ATM card with her photo and internet and mobile banking facilities
Children’s Savings Accounts from Karnataka Bank Limited
Karnataka Bank, one of the older banking institutions in the country, offers a dedicated children’s account called KBL Kishore.
The children’s account is available to kids over the age of 10 years and up to 18 years.
- The account comes without any minimum balance requirements
- The bank offers a free debit card with 24-hour cash withdrawal limit of Rs. 10,000 and POS limit of Rs. 5,000
- KBL Kishore allows parents or guardians to transfer up to Rs. 50,000 per month from their account to the child’s account
- The kids and their parents can keep a track of the account through the bank’s mobile app
- Andhra Bank Website: www.andhrabank.in and www.onlineandhrabank.net.in (net banking works only from the main site’s internet login link)
- Headquarters: Hyderabad, Telangana
- Call Centre Toll Free Number: 1800 425 1515
- Karnataka Bank Website: https://karnatakabank.com
- Headquarters: Mangaluru, Karnataka
- Call Centre Number: 1800 425 1444