Bank of Maharashtra vs YES Bank
Bank of Maharashtra has Mahabank – Yuva Yojana for children in the 10-18 years age group. This is a savings cum investment account as a child can open a savings account and invest in recurring deposits and fixed deposits. YES Bank provides one dedicated children savings account called My First YES Account.
Children’s Savings Accounts from Bank of Maharashtra
Mahabank – Yuva Yojana
Bank of Maharashtra offers the Mahabank – Yuva Yojana as a comprehensive solution to take care of the savings needs and expenses of young children.
- Under this, children can open savings accounts and invest in recurring deposits and fixed deposits
- The savings account has no minimum balance requirements and can be opened with only Rs. 10
- Children do not get any chequebook until they are over 18 years, but by then the account becomes a standard savings account with minimum balance requirements and other terms and conditions that apply to the standard account
- The Mahabank – Yuva Yojana account comes with a free debit card but with specified spending limits
- Account holders can put in standing instructions to transfer money from their accounts to their recurring deposit. In addition, parents can put in standing instructions to put in money from their account to the child’s account
- Bank of Maharashtra also sanctions education loans to deserving students at the time to admission if they have held the account for over 6 months
The bank also allows parents and guardians to open a savings account jointly with a minor child.
- The minimum average balance requirements for the Mahabank – Savings Bank Scheme are calculated on a monthly basis. Service charges are applicable if the balance is less
- The documents needed to open the account (besides the application, of course) are an ID proof, an address proof, two passport-sized photographs and the PAN card or Form 60/61
- Interest is calculated on the daily balance on a quarterly basis
Children’s Savings Accounts from YES Bank Limited
YES Bank offers a dedicated savings account for children called My First YES Account.
My First YES Account
The account is available for all children, from 1 day old to up to 18 years of age.
- The account has a minimum balance requirement of Rs. 2,500. However, accounts that are linked to a fixed Deposit of Rs. 25,000 do not have to maintain any minimum balance. Otherwise, the bank charges a fee of Rs. 250 per month if the minimum balance is not maintained
- Cash withdrawals at the branch are free while cash deposits per month are limited to Rs. 5 lakh or up to five transactions, whichever is less
- Children above 10 years of age get a complimentary ATM-debit card with customisable withdrawal limits of Rs. 1,000, Rs. 2,000 or Rs. 5,000 that can be defined by the guardian
- The bank offers a free personalised chequebook
- Demand drafts are issued free of charge up to defined limits
- The bank offers accountholders to view the balance online and through mobile banking
- The guardian has to have an account with YES Bank for the child to be able to open a My First YES Account
- Bank of Maharashtra Website: www.bankofmaharashtra.in and https://www.mahaconnect.in/jsp/index.html (net banking)
- Headquarters: Pune, Maharashtra
- Call Centre Toll Free Number: 1800 233 4526, 1800 102 2636
- YES Bank Website: www.yesbank.in
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Call Centre Number: 1800 1200