Barclays Bank vs Fincare Small Finance Bank: Children’s Savings Accounts
Barclays Bank does not offer a dedicated children’s savings account, even though it is likely that the standard savings accounts can be opened for children jointly with a parent or guardian. Likewise, Fincare Small Finance Bank does not offer a dedicated children’s account though it is likely to offer its Smart Saver or Priority Accounts to minors as a joint account with a parent or guardian.
Children’s Savings Accounts from Barclays Bank
Barclays Bank does not focus on the retail segment and as such does not offer any specific children’s savings or any other account. The only option for someone who wishes to open a children’s account may be through the savings account. The bank offers 2 types of savings accounts, the Barclays Savings Account and the Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account.
Barclays Savings Account
The account needs an average quarterly balance of Rs. 1 lakh.
- Customer get Classic Debit Card and a chequebook
- The customer can use the debit card for any number of transactions in all VISA ATMs of all banks
- The bank offers free demand drafts that are payable at its branches in the country
- Customer also have a free SMS facility and online banking facilities with their Barclays Savings Account
Children’s Savings Accounts from Fincare Small Finance Bank
Fincare Small Finance Bank does not offer a dedicated children’s account but it is likely that it allows guardians to open a minor account under its Smart Saver or Priority Accounts.
Smart Saver Account
This is the standard savings account of the bank.
- Needs an average monthly balance of Rs. 1,000
- Fincare Bank offers a RuPay Silver debit card to account holders
- The card entitles the shareholder to a personal insurance cover of Rs. 1 lakh
- Smart Saver accountholders also get access to 5 free transactions at non-metro ATMs and 3 complimentary transactions in metros
The priority account is a step above the Smart Saver Account.
- The account needs an average monthly balance of Rs. 10,000 or at least Rs. 1 lakh in fixed deposit
- There are no mentions in the website of whether the Priority account can be opened by a minor or on behalf of a minor but considering the standard procedure in other banks, it is likely that any minor account that has a minimum balance of Rs. 10,000 as balance would qualify as a Priority Savings Account
- Barclays Bank Website: www.barclays.in
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Call Centre Number: +91 22 6000 1550 (Corporate Banking), +91 22 6000 7888 (Debit Card Lost/Stolen/Damaged)
- Fincare Small Finance Bank Website: www.fincarebank.com
- Headquarters: Bangalore, Karnataka
- Call Centre Number: 1800 3010 0111