Barclays Bank Children’s Savings Accounts
Barclays Bank is one of the oldest banks in the world being originally set up in 1690. The bank does not offer retail banking operations in India though it has a small presence in the retail segment as can be seen from the website. This may be a remnant of its retail banking foray in the country between 2006 and 2011. Since the bank is not focussed on the retail segment it does not offer any specific children’s accounts. The only option for someone who wishes to open a children’s account may be through the savings account. The bank offers 2 types of savings accounts, the Barclays Savings Account and the Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account.
Barclays Savings Account
The account needs an average quarterly balance of Rs. 1 lakh.
- Customer get Classic Debit Card and a chequebook
- The customer can use the debit card for any number of transactions in all VISA ATMs of all banks
- The bank offers free demand drafts that are payable at its branches in the country
- Customer also have a free SMS facility and online banking facilities with their Barclays Savings Account
- Barclays Bank Website: www.barclays.in
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Call Centre Number: +91 22 6000 1550 (Corporate Banking), +91 22 6000 7888 (Debit Card Lost/Stolen/Damaged)