Catholic Syrian Bank vs Jammu & Kashmir Bank
Catholic Syrian Bank allows parents and guardians to open its various savings accounts – Orange, Silver, Gold and Platinum – on behalf of minors. Jammu & Kashmir Bank does not have a specific account for minors and instead provides its savings accounts for minors above the age of 10 years.
Children’s Savings Accounts from Catholic Syrian Bank
Catholic Syrian Bank is one of the oldest banks in the country having been established in 1920. The bank does not offer a dedicated children’s savings bank account but its Orange, Silver, Gold and Platinum savings accounts can be opened on behalf of minors by their parents or guardian.
Orange Savings Account
This savings account comes one step up the InstaDigital Savings Account but offers lesser number of features than the Gold and Platinum accounts.
- Offers up to 5 free use of other bank ATMs
- Allows up to Rs. 40,000 in withdrawals from ATMs per day
- The Orange Savings Account comes with the RuPay Platinum Debit Card
- Minimum quarterly balance needed is Rs. 1,000 for urban areas and Rs. 500 for rural regions
Silver Savings Account
The Silver Savings Account is one step up the Orange Savings Account and comes with the following features.
- Unlimited free access to any ATMs in India
- Allows up to Rs. 75,000 in withdrawals from ATMs every day
- Users get 20% discount on locker rentals
- The Silver Savings Account comes with the VISA Platinum Debit Card and offers all its benefits
- Minimum quarterly balance needed is Rs. 5,000 for urban and rural areas
Gold Savings Account
The Gold savings account from Catholic Syrian falls between the Silver and Platinum accounts. Most of its benefits are similar to the Silver account.
- Unlimited free access to any bank ATM in the country
- Allows customers to withdraw up to Rs. 75,000 from ATMs every day
- Users get 30% discount on locker rentals
- The Gold Savings Account comes with the VISA Platinum Debit Card
- Minimum quarterly balance requirement is Rs. 25,000 for urban and rural areas
Platinum Savings Account
The top savings account from Catholic Syrian Bank portfolio.
- Users have unlimited free access to any ATMs in India
- Customers can take out up to Rs. 75,000 from any ATM every 24 hours
- The customers also get 50% discount on locker rentals
- Platinum Savings Account comes with the VISA Platinum Debit Card like the Silver and Gold accounts
- Minimum quarterly balance requirement is Rs. 1 lakh for both urban and rural branches
Children’s Savings Accounts from Jammu & Kashmir Bank
Jammu & Kashmir Bank does not have a specific account for minors and provides its savings accounts for minors above the age of 10 years.
General Savings Account
This is the standard savings account of the bank and can be opened by individuals singly or jointly, by HUFs and by minors aged 10 years or above. Even organisations approved by RBI can open an account.
- Accountholders who have a chequebook need to maintain Rs. 2,000 as average monthly balance while those without chequebooks only need to have Rs. 1,000 as average monthly balance
- Minors get their own ATM-debit card
- The bank offers up to 30 free over the counter cash withdrawals for accountholders every 6 months
- The international debit card comes with a limit of Rs. 40,000 for ATM withdrawals and Rs. 1 lakh for POS (card swipe) transactions
- Jammu & Kashmir Bank offers complimentary online and mobile banking facilities for the General Savings Account
- The bank offers a free chequebook of 20 leaves in a year. The number of leaves for senior citizens is 25
Deluxe Savings Account
This is a premium savings account offering from the bank and as with the general account can be opened by individuals, whether singly or jointly, by HUFs, by minors who are 10 years or above in age and by organisations approved by RBI to open a savings account.
- The account requires an average monthly balance of Rs. 5,000
- As with the General account, the Deluxe account provides up to 30 free over the counter cash withdrawals for accountholders every six months
- The debit card comes with a slightly higher ATM withdrawal limit of Rs. 1 lakh and POS (card swipe) transaction limit of Rs. 1.5 lakh
- The Deluxe Savings Account comes with free online and mobile banking facilities
- As with the General Savings Account, the Deluxe account comes with a complimentary chequebook of 20 leaves every year for regular users and of 25 leaves for senior citizens
General Small Account
This account is a type of savings account created to bring the unbanked population into the fold of the banking sector. Literate minors above the age of 10 years can open the account.
- The bank only needs a deposit of Rs. 50 to open the account though
- The General Small Account has a maximum balance limit, however, of Rs. 50,000
- It also comes with a cap on the maximum amount that can be credited in a year. It currently stands at Rs. 1 lakh
- There is limit on number and amount of withdrawals and transfers each month (4 withdrawals and up to Rs. 10,000 in terms of amount)
- The bank offers a chequebook if one maintains a balance of Rs.1,000 per month for at least 6 months
- Catholic Syrian Bank Website: www.csb.co.in
- Headquarters: Thrissur, Kerala
- Call Centre Number: 1800 266 9090
- Jammu & Kashmir Bank Website: www.jkbank.com
- Headquarters: Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir
- Call Centre Number: 1800 1800 234, 1800 1800 234 (E-Banking)