Catholic Syrian Bank vs Jana Small Finance Bank
Catholic Syrian Bank allows parents and guardians to open its various savings accounts – Orange, Silver, Gold and Platinum – on behalf of minors. Jana Small Finance Bank does not offer a dedicated minor savings account even though the standard savings account can be opened by a minor jointly with a parent or guardian.
Children’s Savings Accounts from Catholic Syrian Bank
Catholic Syrian Bank is one of the oldest banks in the country having been established in 1920. The bank does not offer a dedicated children’s savings bank account but its Orange, Silver, Gold and Platinum savings accounts can be opened on behalf of minors by their parents or guardian.
Orange Savings Account
This savings account comes one step up the InstaDigital Savings Account but offers lesser number of features than the Gold and Platinum accounts.
- Offers up to 5 free use of other bank ATMs
- Allows up to Rs. 40,000 in withdrawals from ATMs per day
- The Orange Savings Account comes with the RuPay Platinum Debit Card
- Minimum quarterly balance needed is Rs. 1,000 for urban areas and Rs. 500 for rural regions
Silver Savings Account
The Silver Savings Account is one step up the Orange Savings Account and comes with the following features.
- Unlimited free access to any ATMs in India
- Allows up to Rs. 75,000 in withdrawals from ATMs every day
- Users get 20% discount on locker rentals
- The Silver Savings Account comes with the VISA Platinum Debit Card and offers all its benefits
- Minimum quarterly balance needed is Rs. 5,000 for urban and rural areas
Gold Savings Account
The Gold savings account from Catholic Syrian falls between the Silver and Platinum accounts. Most of its benefits are similar to the Silver account.
- Unlimited free access to any bank ATM in the country
- Allows customers to withdraw up to Rs. 75,000 from ATMs every day
- Users get 30% discount on locker rentals
- The Gold Savings Account comes with the VISA Platinum Debit Card
- Minimum quarterly balance requirement is Rs. 25,000 for urban and rural areas
Platinum Savings Account
The top savings account from Catholic Syrian Bank portfolio.
- Users have unlimited free access to any ATMs in India
- Customers can take out up to Rs. 75,000 from any ATM every 24 hours
- The customers also get 50% discount on locker rentals
- Platinum Savings Account comes with the VISA Platinum Debit Card like the Silver and Gold accounts
- Minimum quarterly balance requirement is Rs. 1 lakh for both urban and rural branches
Children’s Savings Accounts from Jana Small Finance Bank
Jana Small Finance Bank does not offer a dedicated minor savings account and though it does not mention clearly on its website if the regular savings account is open for minors, reading of the Terms and Conditions of the service charges file shows that the account can be opened by or on behalf of minors.
Regular Savings Account
This is the standard savings account of the bank.
- The bank needs an average monthly balance of Rs. 2,500
- The Regular Savings Account comes with a RuPay Debit Card
- The bank has not put a cap on the number of withdrawals the accountholder can make though the bank’s ATMs, except for minors where it has been pegged at Rs. 10,000 per month
- The bank has put a limit on the amount that can be withdrawn from the ATM or be spent at POS transaction for minor accounts. The cash withdrawal limit is Rs. 5,000 and the POS limit is Rs. 10,000 per day
- The bank accountholder gets 3 complimentary cash transactions at other bank ATMs in metro locations and 5 at non-metro locations
- Accountholders get one complimentary chequebook for each quarter
- The company offers the customer the option of getting an SMS alert facility on payment of Rs. 15 per quarter
- Catholic Syrian Bank Website: www.csb.co.in
- Headquarters: Thrissur, Kerala
- Call Centre Number: 1800 266 9090
- Jana Small Finance Bank Website: www.janabank.com
- Headquarters: Bengaluru, Karnataka
- Call Centre Number: 1800 2080, 1800 4200