Catholic Syrian Bank vs YES Bank: Children’s Savings Accounts
Catholic Syrian Bank allows parents and guardians to open its various savings accounts – Blue, Silver, Gold and Platinum – on behalf of minors. YES Bank provides one dedicated children savings account called My First YES Account.
Children’s Savings Accounts from Catholic Syrian Bank
Catholic Syrian Bank is one of the oldest banks in the country having been established in 1920. The bank does not offer a dedicated children’s savings bank account but its Blue, Silver, Gold and Platinum savings accounts can be opened on behalf of minors by their parents or guardian.
Blue Savings Account
This savings account comes one step up the InstaDigital Savings Account but offers lesser number of features than the Gold and Platinum accounts.
- Offers up to 5 free use of other bank ATMs
- Allows up to Rs. 40,000 in withdrawals from ATMs per day
- The Blue Savings Account comes with the RuPay Platinum Debit Card
- Minimum quarterly balance needed is Rs. 1,000 for urban areas and Rs. 500 for rural regions
Silver Savings Account
The Silver Savings Account is one step up the Blue Savings Account and comes with the following features.
- Unlimited free access to any ATMs in India
- Allows up to Rs. 75,000 in withdrawals from ATMs every day
- Users get 20% discount on locker rentals
- The Silver Savings Account comes with the VISA Platinum Debit Card and offers all its benefits
- Minimum quarterly balance needed is Rs. 5,000 for urban and rural areas
Gold Savings Account
The Gold savings account from Catholic Syrian falls between the Silver and Platinum accounts. Most of its benefits are similar to the Silver account.
- Unlimited free access to any bank ATM in the country
- Allows customers to withdraw up to Rs. 75,000 from ATMs every day
- Users get 30% discount on locker rentals
- The Gold Savings Account comes with the VISA Platinum Debit Card
- Minimum quarterly balance requirement is Rs. 25,000 for urban and rural areas
Platinum Savings Account
The top savings account from Catholic Syrian Bank portfolio.
- Users have unlimited free access to any ATMs in India
- Customers can take out up to Rs. 75,000 from any ATM every 24 hours
- The customers also get 50% discount on locker rentals
- Platinum Savings Account comes with the VISA Platinum Debit Card like the Silver and Gold accounts
- Minimum quarterly balance requirement is Rs. 1 lakh for both urban and rural branches
Children’s Savings Accounts from YES Bank
YES Bank offers a dedicated savings account for children called My First YES Account.
My First YES Account
The account is available for all children, from 1 day old to up to 18 years of age.
- The account has a minimum balance requirement of Rs. 2,500. However, accounts that are linked to a fixed Deposit of Rs. 25,000 do not have to maintain any minimum balance. Otherwise, the bank charges a fee of Rs. 250 per month if the minimum balance is not maintained
- Cash withdrawals at the branch are free while cash deposits per month are limited to Rs. 5 lakh or up to five transactions, whichever is less
- Children above 10 years of age get a complimentary ATM-debit card with customisable withdrawal limits of Rs. 1,000, Rs. 2,000 or Rs. 5,000 that can be defined by the guardian
- The bank offers a free personalised chequebook
- Demand drafts are issued free of charge up to defined limits
- The bank offers accountholders to view the balance online and through mobile banking
- The guardian has to have an account with YES Bank for the child to be able to open a My First YES Account
- Catholic Syrian Bank Website: www.csb.co.in
- Headquarters: Thrissur, Kerala
- Call Centre Number: 1800 266 9090
- YES Bank Website: www.yesbank.in
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Call Centre Number: 1800 1200