DCB Bank, earlier Development Credit Bank, was formed from the amalgamation of various cooperative banks in Maharashtra in 1930. The bank does not offer a dedicated children’s account though its Classic account may be available for children through their parent or guardian.
Classic Savings Bank Account
This is the standard savings bank account from the bank.
- Accountholders need to maintain a minimum balance of Rs. 5,000 for Tier I branches and Rs. 2,500 for Tier 2 branches. This amount may be less for accounts opened on behalf of minors. Details of the same are not provided clearly on the bank website and as with such instances it may be a good idea to call and ask customer care at the numbers below
- The Classic Savings Bank Account offers payable at par cheque book
- Accountholders also get unlimited free access to all the bank’s ATMs and Visa ATMs in India, provided the account has an average monthly balance of Rs.10,000
- One of the key features seems to be free unlimited use of online transfers through RTGS and NEFT
- Account holders also get complimentary internet, phone and mobile banking facilities, through the access is likely to be limited for the child directly unless they have reached a certain age, as happens with most banks
- DCB Bank Website: dcbbank.com
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Call Centre Number: 1800 209 5363, 1800 123 5363