IDBI Bank vs ESAF Small Finance Bank
IDBI Bank offers two accounts called Power Kidz Account and Being Me while ESAF Small Finance Bank does not offer a dedicated children’s account, even though it has special accounts for students as well as senior citizens and women.
Children’s Savings Accounts from IDBI Bank Limited
IDBI Bank offers the Power Kidz Account for children. It also has a savings account targeted at the youth called the IDBI Being Me Account.
Power Kidz Account
From a reading of the website, it seems the account is not meant for kids below 10 years of age.
- Can be opened by a minor in her own name if she is over 10 years of age, or by the parent or guardian in case she is below that age
- The minimum average balance in the account is Rs. 500 but there are no charges if the minimum balance criterion is not met
- Kids above 10 years who have opened the Power Kidz Account in their own name will get an exclusively designed debit card with their name
- The bank gives a personalised chequebook to the child
- The ATM withdrawal or POS transaction limit is Rs. 2,000
- The bank offers up to 5 free transactions at non-IDBI Bank ATMs in non-metro locations
Being Me Account
A savings account designed to help the youth cultivate financial common sense.
- There are no details on the site on minimum or maximum age to open and operate the account
- A minimum amount of Rs. 2,500 is needed to open the account
- The daily limit for ATM transactions and merchant (POS) purchases is Rs. 25,000 for the Being Me Account
- The bank offers preferential rates on educational loans and gives preference to account holders to take up educational project work at the bank, provided there are seats available
- It even gives discounts on opening share trading accounts with IDBI Capital Markets & Securities
Children’s Savings Accounts from ESAF Small Finance Bank Limited
ESAF Small Finance Bank does not offer a dedicated children’s account, though it has special accounts for students, senior citizens and women. Its regular and premium accounts are likely available for minors also under the guidance of parents or guardians.
Regular Savings Account
The account is the standard savings account of the bank and comes with its set of benefits and restrictions. The minimum age of the accountholder has to be 18 years but it is very likely that this account will be also available to minors.
- The account can be opened with a minimum payment of Rs. 1,000, though the minimum average quarterly balance has to be Rs. 2,000
- The bank limits the amount of cash one can withdraw or deposit at non-base branches (i.e. a non-home branch) to Rs. 50,000
- The ATM withdrawal limit is pegged at Rs. 30,000 per day and POS transactions are limited to Rs. 2,000 at Tier II to Tier IV locations and Rs. 1,000 in Tier I to II locations
- Accountholders of the Regular Savings Account can ask for and receive a chequebook of 10 leaves every 6 months
- The customer can access the account through all modes such as online, mobile and phone banking
Premium Savings Account
The premium savings account from ESAF also warrants a minimum age limit of 18 years to become an accountholder.
- The account needs a minimum initial payment of Rs. 5,000 and the minimum average quarterly balance is Rs. 10,000
- Unlike the standard account, there are no limits on withdrawals or deposits at non-base (i.e. non-home) branches
- The ATM withdrawal limit is Rs. 50,000 per day for all ATMs – the bank’s own and other bank ATMs. POS limit stays the same as the standard account at Rs. 2,000 for Tier II to Tier IV locations and Rs. 1,000 for Tier I to II locations
- Premium Savings Account holders can request and receive a chequebook of 50 leaves every 6 months
- The account has an auto-sweep facility for fixed deposits
- Access to the account is available through online, mobile and phone banking channels as with standard accounts
- IDBI Bank Website: www.idbi.com
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Call Centre Number: 1800 200 1947, 1800 221 070
- ESAF Small Finance Bank Website: www.esafbank.com
- Headquarters: Thrissur, Kerala
- Call Centre Number: 1800 103 3723