IndusInd Bank vs Karnataka Bank: Children’s Savings Accounts
IndusInd Bank offers a dedicated children’s account called the Indus Young Saver account. Karnataka Bank offers a dedicated children’s account called KBL Kishore.
Children’s Savings Accounts from IndusInd Bank
IndusInd Bank, originally a bank focussed on the non-resident Indian community, has now become one of the leading private sector banks in India. It offers a dedicated children’s account called the Indus Young Saver account.
Indus Young Saver Account
The account helps parents get an optimal mix of savings and investment options for their children.
- Can be opened under the parent’s name as a guardian account or under the child’s name if she has crossed the 12 years age limit
- The account needs an average monthly balance of Rs. 5,000, which can be waived off if it is linked to a privilege account of the parent or there is a recurring deposit of at least Rs. 2,500 every month
- Children with an Indus Young Saver Account get a personalised debit card if they are over 12 years of age
- Even the chequebook can have the child’s name
Children’s Savings Accounts from Karnataka Bank
Karnataka Bank, one of the older banking institutions in the country, offers a dedicated children’s account called KBL Kishore.
The children’s account is available to kids over the age of 10 years and up to 18 years.
- The account comes without any minimum balance requirements
- The bank offers a free debit card with 24-hour cash withdrawal limit of Rs. 10,000 and POS limit of Rs. 5,000
- KBL Kishore allows parents or guardians to transfer up to Rs. 50,000 per month from their account to the child’s account
- The kids and their parents can keep a track of the account through the bank’s mobile app
- IndusInd Bank Website: www.indusind.com
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Call Centre Number: 1860 500 5004, 1860 267 7777 (Credit Cards)
- Karnataka Bank Website: https://karnatakabank.com
- Headquarters: Mangaluru, Karnataka
- Call Centre Number: 1800 425 1444