Nainital Bank Children’s Savings Accounts
Founded by noted freedom fighter and nationalist Govind Ballabh Pant along with a few other prominent individuals of Nainital in 1922, Nainital Bank today has a presence across four states in North and West India besides its home state of Uttarakhand. The bank does not offer a dedicated children’s savings bank account though its Regular Saving Account can be opened by a minor.
Help your child understand and master complex subjects like Maths, Science, Software Dev, Data Science and more with educators from MIT, Caltech, Cambridge, Carnegie Mellon and other top colleges
Super fun and easy interactive gamified platform. Courses Recommended by experts
FD Recommended: We have seen no better site in gamified teaching of science and math subjects.
Regular Saving Account
The standard savings account from the bank, the account can be opened on behalf of minors by the guardian.
- The account is meant to cater to the savings needs of the people by providing a safe place to keep their money
- The bank has made it easy to operate the account without too much of a fuss
- The minimum balance for accounts with chequebooks is Rs 500 for rural and semi-urban branches and Rs. 1,000 for urban and metro branches. For non-chequebook accounts, the balance is Rs. 200 (rural), Rs. 300 (semi-urban), Rs. 400 (urban) and Rs. 500 (urban) locations. Details of whether the same balance requirements apply on the Regular Saving Account for minors is not available on the website as of November 2018
- Nainital Bank Website: www.nainitalbank.co.in
- Headquarters: Nainital, Uttarakhand
- Call Centre Number: +91 120 240 1083