Oriental Bank offers the Oriental Yuva Account for children in the 10-18 years age group. It also has an Oriental Saprivaar Account that allows children of people working in the Government or Government-owned institutions to open an account with their parent(s) under the umbrella scheme. Though information is limited on the website, it is likely that its standard savings account can be opened by parents or guardians on behalf of minors.
Oriental Yuva Account
The account is meant for children to take care of their savings, investment and everyday cash use needs.
- Can be opened by children aged 10-18 years. When the child crosses 18 years of age, the account is converted into a standard savings account
- There are no minimum balance and average quarterly balance requirements
- Oriental Bank allows children to withdraw up to Rs. 10,000 per day through ATMs or buy stuff up to the same limit at merchant establishments (POS)
- The maximum amount that can be kept in the Oriental Yuva Account is Rs. 1 lakh and the total deposits in one year in the account cannot exceed Rs. 5 lakh
- The bank allows the children to view their account balance and transactions through mobile and internet banking. This means it does not allow any transactions through these two platforms for the kids in the interest of their safety
- Oriental also makes demand drafts for free if the amount is to be paid to educational institutions or for entrance exam fees
Oriental Saprivaar Account
The bank offers a host of features for the primary account holder but details on what facilities are available for their children under this umbrella of sorts scheme is limited.
- The account is made for serving permanent Central Government employees and their families, lecturers of state-run colleges, doctors working for state governments, and employees of LIC and PSU insurance companies and of Maharatna, Navratna and Miniratna companies
- There is no minimum balance requirement
- The bank offers an overdraft facility of up to 15 times the net take home salary from Rs. 1 lakh to Rs. 10 lakh
- The Oriental Saprivaar Account holders also get vehicle loans and housing loans at attractive rates
- Oriental also offers an insurance of Rs. 10 lakh in the first year, which continues into subsequent years if the average quarterly balance does not fall below Rs. 25,000
- There are no ATM use charges in the first year
- In case the accountholder uses Oriental?s demat facilities, then there are no charges for that too
- Oriental Bank of Commerce Website: obcindia.co.in and www.obconline.co.in (net banking)
- Headquarters: Gurgaon, Haryana
- Call Centre Number: 1800 102 1235, 1800 180 1235