Punjab & Sind Bank vs City Union Bank
Punjab & Sind Bank does not offer a dedicated children’s savings account while City Union Bank offers a dedicated savings account called Junior India for children.
Children’s Savings Accounts from Punjab & Sind Bank
The bank does not offer any children centric savings account, though its website does say that student beneficiaries of Government schemes can open a Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account.
Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account
This account as the name suggests is a basic savings account with some minimum levels of savings account services.
- There is no minimum balance requirement
- Students who are beneficiaries of Government schemes can open the account with an initial deposit of Rs.10 only
- Account holders can make up to four withdrawals in a month though there is no limit on the number of deposits
Savings Bank Account
Though it is not mentioned specifically, it is likely that the bank offers its savings account for minors also jointly with a parent or guardian.
- Has a minimum balance requirement of Rs. 500 for rural branches and urban ones that do not need a chequebook. Urban account holders who need chequebooks need to keep a minimum balance of Rs. 1,000
- Accountholders cannot make more than 50 withdrawals every half year
Children’s Savings Accounts from City Union Bank Limited
Tamil Nadu-headquartered City Union Bank is the oldest private sector bank in the country having been established in 1904. It offers a dedicated savings account for children called Junior India. It also offers an account for young adults between the ages of 18 and 25 years called Young India.
The account can be opened for children with ages ranging from 1 day to 18 years
- The account is operated by the parent or guardian
- Children above the age of 12 years can undertake transactions at the bank or through ATMs on their own
- Account holders above 12 years also get access to internet banking (CUB Net) and mobile banking (CUB Mobile) facilities
- School and college fees can be made free of cost under the Junior India account
- Online transfer to other City Union Bank accounts through NEFT, RTGS or IMPS is free too
- The standard KYC documents and proofs are needed for both the child and the parent or guardian to open the account
- Punjab & Sind Bank Website: www.psbindia.com
- Headquarters: New Delhi, Delhi
- Call Centre Number: 1800 419 8300
- City Union Bank Website: www.cityunionbank.com
- Headquarters: Kumbakonam, Tamil Nadu
- Call Centre Number: 044 7122 5000