Utkarsh Small Finance Bank vs YES Bank: Children’s Savings Accounts
Utkarsh Small Finance Bank offers a children’s savings account, simply called the Minor Savings Account. Likewise, YES Bank provides one dedicated children’s savings account called My First YES Account.
Children’s Savings Accounts from Utkarsh Small Finance Bank
Utkarsh Small Finance Bank offers a dedicated savings account for children.
Minor Savings Account
The minor account is eligible for all children below the age of 18 years.
- The account has a minimum average quarterly balance requirement of Rs. 5,000 in metro and urban locations and Rs. 1,000 in semi-urban or rural locations
- The bank offers a Classic RuPay Debit Card with the Minor Savings Account
- Accountholders get unlimited free ATM access at both the bank’s own branches or other bank branches
- The ATM withdrawal and POS limits is Rs. 5,000, with a single transaction limit (ATM withdrawal or POS) also set at Rs. 5,000
- Accountholders get a complimentary chequebook of 20 leaves every quarter
- In addition, Utkarsh offers a free SMS facility
Children’s Savings Accounts from YES Bank
YES Bank offers a dedicated savings account for children called My First YES Account.
My First YES Account
The account is available for all children, from 1 day old to up to 18 years of age.
- The account has a minimum balance requirement of Rs. 2,500. However, accounts that are linked to a fixed Deposit of Rs. 25,000 do not have to maintain any minimum balance. Otherwise, the bank charges a fee of Rs. 250 per month if the minimum balance is not maintained
- Cash withdrawals at the branch are free while cash deposits per month are limited to Rs. 5 lakh or up to five transactions, whichever is less
- Children above 10 years of age get a complimentary ATM-debit card with customisable withdrawal limits of Rs. 1,000, Rs. 2,000 or Rs. 5,000 that can be defined by the guardian
- The bank offers a free personalised chequebook
- Demand drafts are issued free of charge up to defined limits
- The bank offers accountholders to view the balance online and through mobile banking
- The guardian has to have an account with YES Bank for the child to be able to open a My First YES Account
- Utkarsh Small Finance Bank Website: www.utkarsh.bank
- Headquarters: Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
- Call Centre Number: 1800 123 9878, 1800 208 1788
- YES Bank Website: www.yesbank.in
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Call Centre Number: 1800 1200