YES Bank Children’s Savings Accounts
YES Bank was founded in 2004 and currently is the fourth largest private sector savings bank in India. It offers a dedicated savings account for children called the My First YES Account.
My First YES Account
The account is available for all children, from 1 day old to up to 18 years of age.
- The account has a minimum balance requirement of Rs. 2,500. However, accounts that are linked to a fixed Deposit of Rs. 25,000 do not have to maintain any minimum balance. Otherwise, the bank charges a fee of Rs. 250 per month if the minimum balance is not maintained
- Cash withdrawals at the branch are free while cash deposits per month are limited to Rs. 5 lakh or up to five transactions, whichever is less
- Children above 10 years of age get a complimentary ATM-debit card with customisable withdrawal limits of Rs. 1,000, Rs. 2,000 or Rs. 5,000 that can be defined by the guardian
- The bank offers a free personalised chequebook
- Demand drafts are issued free of charge up to defined limits
- The bank offers accountholders to view the balance online and through mobile banking
- The guardian has to have an account with YES Bank for the child to be able to open a My First YES Account
- YES Bank Website: www.yesbank.in
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Call Centre Number: 1800 1200