Loan Against Securities to Help Consolidate Your Debts
A low-interest loan to pay off your debt.
Canara Bank Cash (Shares) – A Loan Against Securities
This loan helps borrowers get access to funds by pledging their securities such as shares, debentures, bonds, etc. to the bank. While the main purpose of this loan is to help the borrower to meet any contingencies and personal needs such as a wedding, overseas travel and so on, it can be easily repurposed to consolidate the borrower’s high-interest debts thereby acting as a consolidation loan.
Features of Canara Cash (Shares) – Loan Against Shares, Debentures, Bonds and Units
Why this Loan?
- The Canara Cash (Shares) is meant for borrowers who want to avail financial assistance by pledging shares, debentures, bonds, units etc. for financial exigencies
- Being a secured loan, borrowers can also avail this scheme as a consolidation loan and pay off their high-interest credit card debts and loans, hence consolidating their debts
- Existing Canara Bank customers as well as new customers are eligible for this loan
- The maximum loan amount allowed by Canara Bank under this loan is Rs. 20 lakh
- Borrowers can get up to 50% of the market value of the shares and debentures, up to 70% of the market value of PSU bonds and up to 50% of the Net Asset Value or market value of units of UTI and CBMF, etc.
- As of October 2020, the applicable interest rate to this loan is 13.45%
- This loan must be repaid within 5 years
- The bank accepts the pledging of securities such as shares, debentures, bonds, etc.
Margin Money (Borrowers Contribution to Total Cost)
- The bank charges a uniform margin of 50% of the face value of the shares, debentures, etc.
Note: Margin money refers to the amount the borrower contributes to the overall amount required. The bank will cover the rest. So, if the total amount needed is Rs. 20 lakh and if the margin is 20%, the margin money comes to Rs. 4 lakh. The bank will provide the balance of Rs. 16 lakh.
- The bank charges 0.1% of the loan amount for processing this loan, with a minimum of Rs. 100 and up to Rs. 250
- Loan Application Form duly filled and signed by the applicant and co-applicant, if any
- Two Passport Size Photographs of applicant and co-applicant
- Personal ID Proof: Aadhaar Card, PAN Card, Passport or Driving License. PAN Card / PAN Card Issuing Letter is must
- Signature Proof: PAN Card, Banker’s Verification, Driving License or Passport
- Residential Address Proof (Any One): Aadhaar Card, Electricity Bill, Post-paid Phone Bill, Valid Rent Agreement
- Income/Banking Proof for Salaried Professionals: Last 3 months’ salary slip, Form 16 or income tax returns
- Income/Banking Proof for Self-employed Professionals/Insurance Agents: Computation of income of last 2 years, Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss Account, Registration Certificate, GST Return, Income Tax Challan/ Form 26AS/TDS Certificate, IT Assessment, etc.
- Statement of holding of scrips issued by DP
- Canara Bank Website: www.canarabank.com and www.canarabank.in (net banking)
- Headquarters: Bengaluru, Karnataka
- Call Centre Toll-Free Number: 1800 425 0018