Loan Against Securities to Help Consolidate Your Debt
A low-interest loan to pay off your debts
Dhanlaxmi Bank Dhanam Loan Against Securities
This scheme helps borrowers get access to funds by pledging their securities such as shares, mutual funds, etc. to the bank. While the main purpose of this loan is to help the borrower to meet any contingencies and personal needs such as a wedding, overseas travel and so on, it can also be used to consolidate the borrower’s high-interest debts thereby acting as a consolidation loan.
Features of Dhanam Loan Against Shares, Mutual Funds, etc.
Why this Loan?
- The Dhanlaxmi Bank Dhanam Loan Against Securities is meant for borrowers who want to avail financial assistance by pledging shares, mutual funds, etc. for financial exigencies
- Being a secured loan, borrowers can also avail this scheme as a consolidation loan and pay off their high-interest credit card debts and loans
- The maximum loan amount allowed by Dhanlaxmi Bank under this loan is decided by the bank on a case-to-case basis. Borrowers can get up to 50% of the net asset value of shares, mutual funds, etc. under this loan
- As of October 2020, the interest rate applicable to this loan may range from 8.50% to 10.70% depending on the credit rating of the borrower
- The repayment period for this loan is not mentioned on the bank’s website. Please talk to a bank representative before applying for this loan
- The bank accepts pledging of securities such as shares, mutual funds, etc. as security for this loan
Margin Money (Borrowers Contribution to Total Cost)
- The bank charges a uniform margin of 20% as margin for this loan
Note: Margin money refers to the amount the borrower contributes to the overall amount required. The bank will cover the rest. So, if the total amount needed is Rs. 20 lakh and if the margin is 20%, the margin money comes to Rs. 4 lakh. The bank will provide the balance of Rs. 16 lakh.
- Dhanlaxmi Bank charges up to 0.3% of the total loan amount with a minimum of Rs. 1,250 for processing this loan
- Loan Application Form duly filled and signed by the applicant and co-applicant, if any
- Two Passport Size Photographs of applicant and co-applicant
- Personal ID Proof: Aadhaar Card, PAN Card, Passport or Driving License. PAN Card / PAN Card Issuing Letter is must
- Signature Proof: PAN Card, Banker’s Verification, Driving License or Passport
- Residential Address Proof (Any One): Aadhaar Card, Electricity Bill, Post-paid Phone Bill, Valid Rent Agreement
- Income/Banking Proof for Salaried Professionals: Last 3 months’ salary slip, Form 16 or income tax returns
- Original NSC, KVP, RBI Relief Bonds, Life Insurance Policy, etc.
- Dhanlaxmi Bank Website: www.dhanbank.com
- Headquarters: Thrissur, Kerala
- Call Centre Toll-Free Number: 0487 6613000