A mortgage loan from HDFC Bank to meet your financial needs
A special consolidation loan scheme offered by HDFC Bank to its customers
HDFC Bank Loan Against Property
This loan helps borrowers get access to funds by mortgaging their property to the bank to meet their urgent financial needs such as wedding expenses, travel expenses, medical exigencies, higher education, debt consolidation and so on.
Features of HDFC Bank Loan Against Property
Why this Loan?
- The HDFC Bank Loan Against Property is meant for borrowers who want to avail financial assistance by mortgaging their property to the bank to meet their urgent financial needs other than for capital market, trading or speculative purposes
- This loan can also be repurposed into a consolidation loan to pay off high-interest debts
- The bank accepts both residential and commercial properties as collateral for this loan
- The loan amount to be sanctioned under this loan scheme is decided by the bank on a case-to-case basis. Borrowers can get up to 65% of the market value of the property
- The interest rate for this loan may range from 10.10% to 10.60%
- This loan must be repaid within 15 years
Margin Money (Borrower’s Contribution to Total Cost)
- The bank charges up to 40% margin for this loan
Note: Margin money refers to the amount the borrower contributes to the overall amount required. The bank will cover the rest. So, if the total amount needed is Rs. 20 lakh, and margin is 20%, then you will have to contribute Rs. 4 lakh. The bank will provide the balance of Rs. 16 lakh.
- The bank asks for the first charge of equitable/registered mortgage of property
- The bank charges up to 1.00% of the loan amount for processing the loan
Documents Needed for Individuals (Salaried and Self-employed)
- Loan Application Form duly filled and signed by the applicant and co-applicant, if any
- Two Passport Size Photographs of applicant and co-applicant
- Personal ID Proof: Aadhaar Card, PAN Card, Passport or Driving License. PAN Card / PAN Card Issuing Letter is must
- Signature Proof: PAN Card, Banker’s Verification, Driving License or Passport
- Residential Address Proof (Any One): Aadhaar Card, Electricity Bill, Post-paid Phone Bill, Valid Rent Agreement
- Income/Banking Proof for Salaried Professionals: Last 3 months’ salary slip, Form 16 or income tax returns
- Income/Banking Proof for Self-employed Professionals/Non Professionals: Computation of income of last 2 years, Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss Account, Registration Certificate, GST Return, Income Tax Challan / Form 26AS / TDS Certificate, IT Assessment, etc.
- Property related documents
- HDFC Bank Website: www.hdfcbank.com
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Call Centre Number: 1860 267 6161