A top-up loan to meet the financial needs of home loan borrowers
A loan scheme to help home loan borrowers pay off their debts
Karnataka Bank KBL Home Loan Top-up
This top-up scheme helps KBL Apna Ghar, KBL Elite and KBL Home Comfort loan borrowers to get financial assistance for meeting their personal needs. In addition to being used to meet financial expenses directly related to the house such as home repair, home renovation or extension, this loan can also be used as a consolidation loan to pay off debts. Many borrowers also use this loan to pay for other personal expenses such as medical bills, a dream vacation, child’s education, etc.
Features of Karnataka Bank Home Loan Top-up Loan
Why this Loan?
- The Karnataka Bank Home Loan Top-up is meant for existing Karnataka Bank home loan borrowers who need assistance to meet financial needs for personal needs such as expenses for a wedding, education, domestic/overseas travel, debt consolidation, home extension, home repair, etc.
- The bank offers flexible loan tenures and competitive interest rates on this scheme
- The maximum loan amount sanctioned by the bank under this loan scheme is Rs. 1 crore
- This loan must be repaid within 10 years. The maximum loan tenure depends on the remaining tenure of the home loan
- As of October 2020, the interest rate applicable to this loan may range from 9.08% to 9.48%
Margin Money (Borrower’s Contribution to Total Cost)
- The bank charges up to 25% margin on this loan
- The applicants must be above the age of 18 years and residents of India
- The applicant must be a Karnataka Bank KBL Apna Ghar, KBL Elite and KBL Home Comfort loan borrower
- The bank asks for the first charge of equitable/registered mortgage of property financed with the home loan
- The bank may also ask for third-party guarantee to secure the loan
- As of October 2020, this information is not mentioned on the bank’s website. We suggest calling up the bank to get in touch with their representative to get more details
Documents Needed for Individuals (Salaried and Self-employed)
- Loan Application Form duly filled and signed by the applicant and co-applicant, if any
- Two Passport Size Photographs of applicant and co-applicant
- Personal ID Proof: Aadhaar Card, PAN Card, Passport or Driving License. PAN Card / PAN Card Issuing Letter is must
- Signature Proof: PAN Card, Banker’s Verification, Driving License or Passport
- Residential Address Proof (Any One): Aadhaar Card, Electricity Bill, Post-paid Phone Bill, Valid Rent Agreement
- Income/Banking Proof for Salaried Professionals: Last 3 months’ salary slip, Form 16 or income tax returns
- Income/Banking Proof for Self-employed Professionals/Non Professionals: Computation of income of last 2 years, Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss Account, Registration Certificate, GST Return, Income Tax Challan / Form 26AS / TDS Certificate, IT Assessment, etc.
- Karnataka Bank Website: www.karnatakabank.com
- Headquarters: Mangalore, Karnataka
- Call Centre Toll-Free Number: 1800 425 1444