A top-up loan from YES Bank to meet the financial needs of home loan borrowers
A special loan scheme to help home loan borrowers meet their personal needs or pare down their debts
YES Bank Home Loan Top-up
This top-up loan helps YES Bank home loan borrowers to get financial assistance for meeting their personal needs. In addition to being used to meet financial expenses directly related to the house such as home repair, home renovation or extensions, this loan can also be used as a consolidation loan to pay off debts. Many borrowers also use this loan to pay for other personal expenses such as medical bills, dream vacation, child’s education, etc.
Features of YES Bank Home Top-up Loan
Why this Loan?
- The YES Bank Home Top-up Loan is meant for YES Bank home loan borrowers who need assistance to meet financial needs for personal needs such as child’s wedding expenses, education expenses, domestic/overseas travel expenses, debt consolidation, etc.
- The bank offers flexible loan tenures and competitive interest rates on this scheme
- The bank also offers a balance of transfer from other banks to YES Bank under its home loan variants including this scheme
Loan Amount & Repayment Period
- The loan amount to be sanctioned under this loan scheme and the repayment period for this loan are decided by the bank on a case-to-case basis
- The interest rate for this loan is defined as the sum of two factors: Marginal Cost of Funds based Lending Rate (MCLR)/Base Rate/External Benchmark based Rate (EBR) and Spread. As of October 2020, the applicable interest rate to this loan ranges from 8.95% to 11.80%
- The applicants must be within the age group of 23 – 60 years
- The borrowers should have availed a home loan from YES Bank but not any other top-up loan scheme
- Salaried individuals with at least two years of employment and a minimum monthly income of Rs. 25,000 are eligible for this loan
- Self-employed individuals with at least two years into the current profession or business and a minimum annual income of Rs. 4 lakh are eligible for this loan
- Borrowers should have a satisfactory repayment track record of one year or more
- The bank asks for an extension of charge on residential property funded by the YES Bank home loan under this scheme
Margin Money (Borrowers Contribution to Total Cost)
- As of October 2020, this information is not mentioned on the bank’s website. Please talk to a bank representative before applying for this loan
Note: Margin money refers to the amount the borrower contributes to the overall amount required. The bank will cover the rest. So, if the total amount needed is Rs. 20 lakh, a 20% margin means you will have to contribute Rs. 4 lakh. The bank will provide the balance of Rs. 16 lakh.
- The bank charges up to 2.00% of the loan amount for processing this loan or Rs. 10,000, whichever is higher
Documents Needed for Individuals (Salaried and Self-employed)
- Loan Application Form duly filled and signed by the applicant and co-applicant, if any
- Two Passport Size Photographs of applicant and co-applicant
- Personal ID Proof: Aadhaar Card, PAN Card, Passport or Driving License. PAN Card / PAN Card Issuing Letter is must
- Signature Proof: PAN Card, Banker’s Verification, Driving License or Passport
- Residential Address Proof (Any One): Aadhaar Card, Electricity Bill, Post-paid Phone Bill, Valid Rent Agreement
- Income/Banking Proof for Salaried Professionals: Last 3 months’ salary slip, Form 16 or income tax returns
- Income/Banking Proof for Self-employed Professionals/Non Professionals: Computation of income of last 2 years, Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss Account, Registration Certificate, GST Return, Income Tax Challan / Form 26AS / TDS Certificate, IT Assessment, etc.
- YES Bank Website: www.yesbank.in
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Call Centre Toll-Free Number: 1800 1200