Central Bank of India Cent Skill Loan Scheme
Earlier referred to as Cent Vidyarthi Vocational Education Loan, this loan scheme helps students who have secured admission into technical courses offered by ITIs, polytechnics, schools or colleges approved by the state or central government for technical education to pay for their course fees. The loan amount starts from Rs. 5,000 and can go up to Rs. 1.5 lakh depending on the duration of the course. This loan is a part of one of the campaigns – Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) – started by the Prime Minister of India in 2015.
Features of Cent Skill Loan Scheme for Technical Courses
Why this Loan?
- The loan is meant for you if you have gained admission into a programme offered by a polytechnic, Industrial Training Institute (ITI), school, college etc. in India offering technical courses
- The bank disburses the Cent Skill Loan Scheme as a series of payments over the required number of terms or years to pay the course fees or other approved charges
- There is no minimum course duration
- The minimum loan amount starts from Rs. 5,000 and the maximum amount can go up to Rs. 1.5 lakh depending on the duration of the course
- Courses upto 3 Months: For these courses, the maximum loan amount available will be Rs. 50,000
- Courses of 3 to 6 Months: For these courses, the maximum loan amount available will be Rs. 75,000
- Courses from 6 months to 1 Year: For these courses, the maximum loan amount available will be Rs. 1 lakh
- Courses of Duration More than 1 Year: For these courses, the maximum loan amount available will be Rs. 1.5 lakh
- Interest will be the sum of Repo Based Lending Rate (RBLR) which is currently 4% and a spread of 4.65% for the Low Risk category and 4.7% for the Medium Risk Category. This makes the effective interest rate 8.65% and 8.7% respectively.
- Loans of upto Rs. 50,000: Repayment period is up to 3 years after course completion
- Loans between Rs. 50,000 and 1 lakh: Repayment period is up to 5 years after course completion
- Loans above Rs. 1 lakh: Repayment period is up to 7 years after course completion
- The repayment moratorium for courses of less than 1 year is for the course duration and an additional grace period of 6 months after date of completion of the course
- The repayment moratorium for courses of over 1 year duration is for the course duration and an additional grace period of 12 months after date of completion of the course
- No collateral or third party guarantee is required to apply for this loan
- This loan is covered under the Credit Guarantee Scheme of National Credit Guarantee Trustee Company Ltd (NCGTC)
- The borrower should be an Indian national
- There are no age restrictions to avail this loan for technical education
- Central Bank of India offers this loan for courses run by institutions that are aligned with the National Skill Qualification Framework (NSQF)
Borrower Contribution to Total Cost (Margin Money)
- The bank charges 5% margin money on this loan
Note: Margin money refers to the amount the borrower contributes to the overall amount required
Processing and Other Charges
- There are no processing charges for this loan
Uses of the Loan
- The loan amount can be used to pay any fees or other charges that are required to successfully complete the course
- The loan can also be met to cover examination, library and laboratory fees
- It also covers any caution deposit fees
- It can also be used to buy books or equipment or instrument needed for the course
Other Features to Know
- The borrower can repay the loan from any time without having to pay any prepayment charges
- The bank may ask for the student’s progress report at regular intervals
- The lending branch should be near the institute, study centre of the technology partner or the place of residence of the borrower
- The loan is disbursed directly to the college, book seller or publisher, computer seller, and so on and not to the applicant(s)
- Application Form duly filled and signed by applicant and/or parents along with details of applicant and/or parents
- Two Passport Size Photographs of applicant(s)
- Photocopy of PAN Cards of the student or parents that need to be submitted at the time of application or during the course period
- Personal Identification Proofs (Any One): Electoral I-Card, Passport, Driving License, PAN Card or Aadhaar Card
- Residential Address Proof (Any One): Electricity Bill, Landline Telephone Bill, Electoral or Voter ID Card or Passport
- Admission Letter, Course Details and Prospectus
- Fee Details with Demand of Fee by the Institution
- All Proofs of Past Academic Record including Mark Sheets and Certificates
- Relevant documents to avail the interest subsidy, if eligible
- Central Bank of India Website: www.centralbankofindia.co.in and www.centralbank.net.in (net banking)
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Call Centre Toll-Free Number: 1800 22 1911, 1800 110 001, 1800 180 1111
IMPORTANT: Thousands of smart students and their parents lose lakhs of money every year by choosing a costlier education loan.
Apply for Education Loan Only After Finding the Best Education Loan Using Our Guide
India’s First Education Loans Guide – Now at Rs 49 ONLY (same price as soft drink)
Here is what the Guide offers:
- Coverage of All Education Loans from Top Public and Private Banks
- Compare interest rates for each loan, max. loan amount, max. unsecured loan amount, fees and charges, etc.
- Loan for regular studies in India, foreign studies, professional studies, aviation, shipping, PhDs, etc.
Find all-important details before you visit the branch using our Guide to Education Loans.
Don’t lose money on excess interest payments to banks. Click Here to Buy the Education Loan Guide.