PNB Honhaar Education Loan for Pursuing Higher Education & Skill Development Courses in Delhi
Punjab National Bank offers loans up to Rs. 10 lakh under this scheme for students who wish to pursue diploma or degree studies in Delhi and who have completed their Class 10 and 12 studies from the state. Children of Government of Delhi National Capital Territory (NCT) employees or officials and government servants who are posted in the NCT region also qualify for this loan.
Features of Higher Education & Skill Development Guarantee Scheme for Delhi Students
Why this Scheme?
- The PNB Honhaar Education Loan scheme helps meritorious students pursue higher education in Delhi with loans up to Rs. 10 lakh
- It is an initiative of the Delhi Government and banks are given guarantees for the loans they advance through a Higher Education and Skill Development Credit Guarantee Fund that protects them in case of defaults from the borrower
- The maximum loan that can be given under Higher Education & Skill Development Guarantee Scheme for Delhi Students by Punjab National Bank is Rs. 10 lakh
- PNB may take into account any scholarships, fee waiver, etc. while computing loan requirements
- If a scholarship is included while computing loan requirements, it may be ensured that the scholarship amount is credited to the loan account when it is received
- The interest rate charged will be the PNB Repo Linked Lending Rate (RLLR) which is currently 6.80% and 2.15%. This makes the effective rate 8.95%
- Repayment will be done through EMIs and over a period of up to 15 years after course completion
- There is a repayment moratorium for the course period and 1 year after course completion
- There are no prepayment charges if the applicant decides to prepay the loan in full or parts any time during the repayment period
- Punjab National Bank asks the parents to sign the loan documents with the student as joint borrowers for loans of up to Rs. 10 lakh
- However, no security is needed from the borrower(s)
- In case the student is a minor then the parents can sign the loan documents on her behalf and the bank will obtain a letter of ratification of the loan when the student reaches majority
- In case the student is a married person, the spouse or in-laws can be joint borrowers along with the student
- The borrower should be an Indian national
- The scheme is available for students who want to pursue diploma, degree or any specified skill development courses in Delhi and have completed their Class 10 and 12 from the state
- In case a course for which they need the loan requires only Class 10 qualification, then they should have completed the same from a Delhi school
- Children of people working in Delhi Government or government officials who are posted with the Delhi NCT Government are also eligible under this scheme
- The student should have secured admission in a recognised institution in Delhi through an entrance test or merit-based selection
- A recognised institution refers to Government institutions or universities and constituent colleges of Delhi University
- The scheme would also be available to students enrolling in private or self-financed institutions that are located in Delhi and that have NAAC or NBA grading of A or B and if the same is not available, then SFRC grading of A+ or A. Even students in recognised institutions that offer technical or training skill development will be eligible for this scheme
- A member of a family can get the loan even if another member has already got a loan to study in Delhi under this scheme
- The subsidy scheme will apply to courses that offer graduate or postgraduate degrees and PG diplomas from recognised colleges, universities and institutions, and professional courses recognised by UGC, AICTE, AIBMS, ICMR, etc.
- Courses conducted by IIT, NIFT, NLU, IIFT, etc. are eligible
- Courses that lead to CA, CWA, CS or CFA credentials are also eligible
- Any regular degree or diploma courses like aviation, pilot training and shipping including those run by polytechnics, etc. and approved by Director General of Civil Aviation or Shipping will be eligible if the course is pursued in Delhi
- Degree or diploma courses in nursing, physiotherapy or any other discipline approved by Indian Nursing Council or any other regulatory body as the case may be, are eligible if the course is pursued in Delhi
- Any specified skill development courses as notified by the Delhi Government will also be eligible
Borrower Contribution to Total Cost (Margin Money)
- The bank does not charge any margin money on this loan
Note: Margin money refers to the amount the borrower contributes to the overall amount required
Processing and Other Charges
- There are no documentation or processing charges for this loan
Uses of the Loan
- College, school and hostel fees
- Examination, library and laboratory fees
- Insurance premium for the borrower student, if applicable
- Caution deposit, building fund or refundable deposit supported by institution bills or receipts
- Cost of books, equipment, instruments, uniforms
- Purchase of computer, if required for the course
- Other expenses needed for completing the course such as study tours, project work, thesis, etc.
Other Features to Know
- Applications can be made at the branch or even online
- The lending branch should be near the institute, study centre of the technology partner or the place of residence of the borrower
- The loan is disbursed directly to the college, book seller or publisher, computer seller, and so on and not to the applicant(s)
- Application Form duly filled and signed by applicant and/or parents along with details of applicant and/or parents
- Two Passport Size Photographs of applicant(s)
- Photocopy of PAN Cards of the student or parents that need to be submitted at the time of application or during the course period
- Personal Identification Proofs (Any One): Electoral I-Card, Passport, Driving License, PAN Card or Aadhaar Card
- Residential Address Proof (Any One): Electricity Bill, Landline Telephone Bill, Electoral or Voter ID Card or Passport
- Admission Letter, Course Details and Prospectus
- Fee Details with Demand of Fee by the Institution
- All Proofs of Past Academic Record including Mark Sheets and Certificates
- An Income Certificate from a Competent Authority to avail the interest subsidy under Central Interest Subsidy Scheme of Education Loans, if eligible
- Punjab National Bank Website: www.pnbindia.in and www.netpnb.com (net banking)
- Headquarters: Dwarka, New Delhi
- Call Centre Toll-Free Number: 1800 180 2222, 1800 103 2222
IMPORTANT: Thousands of smart students and their parents lose lakhs of money every year by choosing a costlier education loan.
Apply for Education Loan Only After Finding the Best Education Loan Using Our Guide
India’s First Education Loans Guide – Now at Rs 49 ONLY (same price as soft drink)
Here is what the Guide offers:
- Coverage of All Education Loans from Top Public and Private Banks
- Compare interest rates for each loan, max. loan amount, max. unsecured loan amount, fees and charges, etc.
- Loan for regular studies in India, foreign studies, professional studies, aviation, shipping, PhDs, etc.
Find all-important details before you visit the branch using our Guide to Education Loans.
Don’t lose money on excess interest payments to banks. Click Here to Buy the Education Loan Guide.