PNB Kaushal Education Loan Scheme
Punjab National Bank offers loans up to Rs. 1.5 lakh under this scheme for students who wish to pursue skill development courses. This loan scheme is modelled on the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY), also known as Skill Loan Scheme. It helps meritorious students pursue technical courses run by Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs), polytechnics and other education institutions affiliated to National Skill Development Corporation, Sector Skill Council, State Skill Corporation, etc.
Features of PNB Skill Loan Scheme for Technical Courses
Why this Loan?
- The loan is meant for you if you have gained admission into a technical course offered by a polytechnic, training institute (ITI), etc. in India
- The bank disburses the PNB Skill Loan Scheme as a series of payments over the required number of terms or years to pay the course fees or other approved charges
- The minimum loan amount starts from Rs. 5,000 and the maximum amount can go up to Rs. 1.5 lakh depending on the duration of the course
- The interest rate charged will be the Repo Linked Lending Rate (RLLR) which is currently 6.80% plus a component called the Spread in banking terminology of 1.50%. This makes the effective rate 8.30%
- PNB offers a concession of 0.50% to women beneficiaries
- The bank charges simple interest at monthly rests during the repayment holiday
- Loans of up to Rs. 50,000: Repayment period is up to 3 years after course completion
- Loans between Rs. 50,000 and 1 lakh: Repayment period is up to 5 years after course completion
- Loans above Rs. 1 lakh: Repayment period is up to 7 years after course completion
- The repayment moratorium for courses of less than 1 year is for the course duration and an additional grace period of 6 months after course is completed
- The repayment moratorium for courses of over 1 year duration is for the course duration and an additional grace period of 12 months after course is completed
- Punjab National Bank does not ask for any security or third party guarantee
- However, the parents have to sign the loan documents with the student as joint borrowers. If the child is a minor, then parents can take the loan under their own name
- The borrower should be an Indian national
- Students of courses offered by Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs), polytechnics, schools recognised for the same by the central or state education board or college affiliated to a recognised university are eligible for the loan
- Even students pursuing a certificate, diploma or degree course from training centres that are affiliated to professional skill augmentation bodies such as National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC), sector skill councils, state skill missions, state skill corporations and who operate under the National Skill Qualification Framework (NSQF) are eligible to apply for the loan
Borrower Contribution to Total Cost (Margin Money)
- The bank does not charge any margin money on this loan
Note: Margin money refers to the amount the borrower contributes to the overall amount required.
Processing and Other Charges
- There are no processing or documentation charges for this loan
Uses of the Loan
- The loan amount can be used to pay any fees or other charges that are a part of the standard tuition cost
- The loan can also be met to cover examination, library and laboratory fees
- It also covers any caution deposit fees
- It can also be used to buy books or equipment or instrument needed for the course
- Cover any other expenditure found necessary to finish the course
- Application Form duly filled and signed by applicant and/or parents along with details of applicant and/or parents
- Two Passport Size Photographs of applicant(s)
- Photocopy of PAN Cards of the student or parents that need to be submitted at the time of application or during the course period
- Personal Identification Proofs (Any One): Electoral I-Card, Passport, Driving License, PAN Card or Aadhaar Card
- Residential Address Proof (Any One): Electricity Bill, Landline Telephone Bill, Electoral or Voter ID Card or Passport
- Admission Letter, Course Details and Prospectus
- Fee Details with Demand of Fee by the Institution
- All Proofs of Past Academic Record including Mark Sheets and Certificates
- An Income Certificate from a Competent Authority to avail the interest subsidy under Central Interest Subsidy Scheme of Education Loans, if eligible
- Punjab National Bank Website: www.pnbindia.in and www.netpnb.com (net banking)
- Headquarters: Dwarka, New Delhi
- Call Centre Toll-Free Number: 1800 180 2222, 1800 103 2222
IMPORTANT: Thousands of smart students and their parents lose lakhs of money every year by choosing a costlier education loan.
Apply for Education Loan Only After Finding the Best Education Loan Using Our Guide
India’s First Education Loans Guide – Now at Rs 49 ONLY (same price as soft drink)
Here is what the Guide offers:
- Coverage of All Education Loans from Top Public and Private Banks
- Compare interest rates for each loan, max. loan amount, max. unsecured loan amount, fees and charges, etc.
- Loan for regular studies in India, foreign studies, professional studies, aviation, shipping, PhDs, etc.
Find all-important details before you visit the branch using our Guide to Education Loans.
Don’t lose money on excess interest payments to banks. Click Here to Buy the Education Loan Guide.