Jammu & Kashmir Bank Education Loan for B.Ed. and M.Ed. Courses
This Jammu & Kashmir Bank study loan helps students finance their B.Ed. and M.Ed. courses. The maximum loan amount you can get is Rs. 25,000.
Features of Jammu & Kashmir Bank Education Loan for B.Ed. and M.Ed. Courses
Why this Loan?
- The loan is meant to help students who have secured admission into a B.Ed. and M.Ed. course in a recognised institution in India
- This Jammu & Kashmir Bank Education Loan is disbursed as a series of payments over the required number of years and not as a lump sum
- The loan can be taken for all expenses directly related to the course including for admission and tuition fees, purchase of books, laptops, and meet other expenses such as hostel fees, lab fees, examination fees, etc.
- The maximum loan amount sanctioned by the bank for this loan is Rs. 25,000
- The interest rate for this J&K Bank education loan is defined as the sum of RLLR and a factor of 2.00% where RLLR is the Repo Linked Lending Rate. Currently, the RLLR of Jammu & Kashmir Bank is 7.20% which brings the effective interest rate for this loan to 9.20%
- This loan must be repaid within 1 year
- No collateral required
- The bank accepts a third party guarantee as security for the loan
- The borrower must be an Indian national
- The student should have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognised university
- The student should have secured admission in a B.Ed. or M.Ed. course at a recognised institution or college
- The loan application has to be forwarded by the College Principal
- B.Ed. or M.Ed. course at a recognised institution or college in India
Borrower Contribution to Total Cost (Margin Money)
- The bank charges 10% margin for this loan
Note: Margin money refers to the amount the borrower contributes to the overall amount required. Suppose a course costs Rs. 1.5 lakh in which case if the borrower has to provide a margin of say 10%, then she will contribute Rs. 15,000 (10% of Rs. 1.5 lakh) to the total course fees while the lender bank offers the rest.
Processing and Other Charges
- The bank charges 0.05% of the loan amount or Rs. 25 for processing this loan, whichever is lower
Uses of the Loan
- College, school and hostel fees
- Examination, library and laboratory fees
- Caution deposit, building fund or refundable deposit supported by institution bills or receipts
- Cost of books, equipment, instruments, uniforms
- Application Form duly filled and signed by applicant and/or guarantor along with details of applicant and/or guarantor and family
- Two Passport Size Photographs of student, applicant and/or guarantor
- Photocopy of PAN Card of the student that needs to be submitted at the time of application or during the course period
- Personal Identification Proofs (Any One): Electoral I-Card, Passport, Driving License, PAN Card or Aadhaar Card
- Residential Address Proof (Any One): Electricity Bill, Landline Telephone Bill, Electoral or Voter ID Card or Passport
- Admission Letter, Course Details and Prospectus
- Fee Details with Demand of Fee by the Institution
- All Proofs of Past Academic Record including Mark Sheets and Certificates
- Jammu & Kashmir Bank Website: www.jkbank.com
- Headquarters: Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir
- Call Centre Toll-Free Number: 1800 1800 234
IMPORTANT: Thousands of smart students and their parents lose lakhs of money every year by choosing a costlier education loan.
Apply for Education Loan Only After Finding the Best Education Loan Using Our Guide
India’s First Education Loans Guide – Now at Rs 349 ONLY
Here is what the Guide offers:
- Coverage of All Education Loans from Top Public and Private Banks
- Compare interest rates for each loan, max. loan amount, max. unsecured loan amount, fees and charges, etc.
- Loan for regular studies in India, foreign studies, professional studies, aviation, shipping, PhDs, etc.
Find all-important details before you visit the branch using our Guide to Education Loans.
Don’t lose money on excess interest payments to banks. Click Here to Buy the Education Loan Guide.