Education Loans from Karnataka Bank
Karnataka Bank offers a range of education loans to different segments of the student population. As of November 2020, the bank offers two education loans and an interest subsidy scheme to help students finance their higher studies and realise their dreams. The Karnataka Bank Education Loans come at competitive interest rates and meritorious students can enjoy further concessions in interest rates.
The two education loans from Karnataka Bank are:
- KBL Vidya Nidhi Education Loan (for Higher Study in India and Abroad)
- Skill Loan Scheme
In addition, the bank offers one Government of India Interest Subsidy Scheme on education loans.
We give you a brief intro to education loans offered by the bank below. In addition you have the option to click further and read in detail about each loan and the interest subsidy scheme on a specific page of its own. This specific page has been made specifically for you to get all the information you need on that loan in an uncluttered and easy-to-read format.
Karnataka Bank KBL Vidya Nidhi Education Loan for Higher Studies in India and Abroad
The KBL Vidya Nidhi Loan Scheme helps students who want to pursue higher studies in India and abroad afford the cost of the course and related expenses. This loan scheme is based on the Indian Banks Association (IBA) Model Education Loan scheme. The maximum loan amount you can get for studying in India is Rs. 10 lakh and the maximum loan amount you can get for studying abroad is Rs. 20 lakh.
Features of Karnataka Bank Special Vidya Education Loan
Why this Loan?
- The loan is meant to help students fulfil their dreams of pursuing higher education in India or abroad
- This Karnataka Bank Education Loan is disbursed as a series of payments over the required number of years and not as a lump sum
- The loan can be taken for all institution fees as well as related expenses including purchase of books, laptops, hostel fees, lab fees, examination fees, etc.
- Deserving students can avail interest subsidy on this loan under the Central Scheme of Interest Subsidy offered by the Government of India
Karnataka Bank Skill Loan Scheme
This loan helps students who have gained admission into technical courses offered by Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs), polytechnics, etc. to pay for their course fees. The loan amount starts from Rs. 5,000 and can go up to Rs. 1.5 lakh depending on the duration of the course.
Features of KBL Skill Loan Scheme for Technical Courses
Why this Loan?
- The loan is meant for you if you have gained admission into a technical course offered by a polytechnic, Industrial Training Institute (ITI), etc. in India
- The bank disburses the Karnataka Bank Skill Loan Scheme as a series of payments over the required number of terms or years to pay the course fees or other approved charges
Karnataka Bank Government of India Interest Subsidy Scheme
The bank offers one Government of India Interest Subsidy Scheme on education loans for meritorious and deserving students. The scheme is:
- Central Scheme of Interest Subsidy for Education Loan
- Karnataka Bank Website: www.karnatakabank.com
- Headquarters: Mangalore, Karnataka
- Call Centre Toll-Free Number: 1800 425 1444